The Best IoT Opportunities for MSPs Right Now
The Best IoT Opportunities for MSP’s Right Now
In this episode, Colin Blair, VP of Specialized Solutions for TechData, shares his unique perspective based on talking to hundreds of partners about what is selling right now!
Here’s what Colin discusses:
- There is going to be a BIG recovery in Q1-2021
- Packaged COVID recovery solutions
- Video Analytics that enhance physical security camera solution.
- Asset management – where are your trucks, people and other assets.
- Compliance, safety and health. Physical distancing, thermal sensing.
- Grant-writing services. TechData has a service focused on grant-writing to help MSP’s win non-profit business.
- Manufacturing is going to be a huge growth sector post-COVID.
Connect with the TechData IoT and Data Solutions Team
- Email: maitto;[email protected]
- Visit: https://iot.techdata.com
- Explore the IoT and Data Solutions Resource Center (Catalogs, Events, Webinars, Podcasts, and more)
- Lean how TechData is helping manufacturers build resilient operations: https://resilient-mfg.com
About Colin Blair
Colin Blair is the vice president of IoT and Data Solutions for the Americas at Tech Data. In this role, he is responsible for the sales, strategic direction, profitable growth and acceleration of IoT, big data & analytics and vertical market solutions through the Tech Data partner ecosystem in North America. Colin’s team comprises business consultants, solution architects, sales, solution development and vertical market specialists focused on next-generation technologies. Blair joined Tech Data in February 2017 upon the completion of Tech Data’s acquisition of Avnet’s Technology Solutions division.
Prior roles included vice president, Data Analytics, Cognitive Computing and IoT for Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas and vice president of Global Strategic Planning, where he worked with corporate business leaders around the world to perform competitive benchmarking, conduct business modeling, forecast gap analysis and scenario planning to support corporate strategy development, operational planning and regional execution. Blair has more than 25 years of industry experience in the information technology industry and distribution. He has demonstrated success in many facets of the business, including product development, product marketing, vertical markets, business development, sales management, account development and business strategy.
Prior to Avnet, he worked for Texas Instruments and Motorola in various product development and product marketing roles in the semiconductor and telecommunications industries.
Blair holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Texas Tech University and a Master of Global Management from Thunderbird Global School of Management.
About Your Host, Mark Smith